The engine got a complete tear down due to low compression. The overall condition of the engine turned out to be astonishingly good. Cylinder walls still had the original cross-hatching from when the engine was built. The low compression was due to a previous mechanic adjusting the valves too tight, and it caused a little wear to the valves and seats. Just a little bit of light lapping was all it took to restore the valves to good sealing. Rings were well within specs for a new engine, but I found some new-old stock standard rings for $40 on eBay, so I replaced them anyway.
Page: 2 of 23 (8%)
Return to Home Page
All content Copyright 2015 - Alpha Dog Customs
Images may be copied with attribution and active link to original content.
Any other use by permission only